Agenda at a Glance
Day 1: Pre-Conference Workshops
Tuesday, Aug 6, 2019
9:00 am–10:00 am
10:00 am–1:00 pm
Using case studies from the best in data-driven retail, this workshop will give you hands-on experience with Personalization, Customer Lifetime Value, and place your company on the Customer-Centric Maturity Curve.
You will learn how to identify anonymous segments, build better test-and-learn campaign briefs, and develop better measurements and reporting to make smart, data-driven decisions across your whole organization.
Valence Marketing Infrastructure
1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Lunch for Training Attendees
2:00 pm–5:00 pm
In this session, we will create a patient experience by developing a patient profile and journey map. This workshop is built for any brand marketer or cross-functional team member who wants to dig deep into the patient experience.
Chief Free Thinker and Digital Strategy Consultant
Strategic Consulting Services
2:00 pm–5:00 pm
Customer Experience (CX) is a major business trend that pharma has been slow to embrace. In order to drive the most compelling customer experience, your internal brand promise must align with your external one in a credible, meaningful way. The foundation begins with understanding what intrinsically motivates your customer audience behaviors as humans, not as walking prescription targets. Knowing what your target audience personally wants to achieve reveals powerful, actionable insight. Using your medication is typically not on the top of their list. CX methods reveal a way into your audience with a more personal and meaningful way to interact. Leveraging the power of behavioral insights and emotions helps drive health outcomes, improve engagement, and sales, adding incremental effectiveness to traditional marketing. This is at the core of CX methods, and how this is done challenges some traditional pharma “brand first” ways of thinking and planning. This framework includes both Customer Experience (CX) and Employee Experience (CX) as performance accelerators. Those open to transform will leap ahead of their competition, creating differential value beyond the pill. This session covers the background and creation of this unique product launch success framework.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
This workshop is for anyone (across company roles) who wants to transform ways of thinking and working that increase measurable value and customer satisfaction to accelerate product performance.
Ideal roles may include: any level marketer, strategic planner, technologist, researcher, or data analyst. Remember, EX is part of delivering CX. Aligned, effective cross-functional participation is a key factor for any company to maximize product launch success. Be part of the solution.
Principal & Founder
Day 1 Workshops Conclude
Day 2: General Conference
Wednesday, Aug 7, 2019
9:00 am–9:50 am
General Conference Registration
9:50 am–10:00 am
Conference Welcome by Producer
Lincoln Health Network
10:00 am–10:45 am
Healthcare is being disrupted at a rapid rate, globally. Start ups and corporates alike are vying to transform healthcare using the new digital capabilities that are available in the market today. Learn who is doing what and how this will impact the healthcare delivery model for Pharma, Devices and Health Systems.
Chief Digital Officer - Health
10:45 am–11:00 am
Networking Break and Refreshments
11:00 am–11:45 am
Pharmaceutical companies are two times more likely than other industries to not have well-defined roles and responsibilities for core digital processes.
In this session, we'll explore how you can help lead your company in its digital transformation by:
- Understanding why disrupting your organizational structure is important to sustaining innovation
- Learning how the division of roles and responsibilities in different organization models can encourage or discourage collaboration
- Developing an action plan fit for your organization
Digital Engagement Director, Global Commercial Digital & Innovation
11:55 am–12:40 pm
It’s no secret that pharmaceutical companies are facing a number of headwinds when it comes to improving reputation. Between scrutiny on pricing, overall distrust of the industry and a consistent presence on the legislative agenda, pharmaceutical companies have little daylight when it comes to improving reputation. But it’s not all grim. Research shows that people are more likely to do business with, and work for, companies with a positive reputation. In this session, attendees will learn:
- Why it’s critical to focus on reputation at the corporate level and how it drives real business value
- How to identify a specific audience and create an audience-led content approach that enhances reputation
- What digital channels best support reputation programs and how to plan for any emerging issues
- How to measure the impact of reputation programs to demonstrate value
Group Senior Vice President, Engagement
Marina Maher Communications
Digital & Content
Marina Maher Communications
12:40 pm–1:40 pm
1:40 pm–2:25 pm
In the biopharma space, “audience” is an arbitrary term, and identifying your goal audience(s) will help dictate your digital & social brand storytelling strategy. Emily & Erica will walk through the best practices for creating compelling content, “mining" for stories within your organization, and tips for pushing the boundaries creatively in our regulated industry.
Some actionable takeaways & learnings of this session:
- Learn best practices for compelling storytelling & content creation.
- Learn ways to measure your success (and why “failure" isn’t a bad thing!)
- Learn how to get buy-in for digital storytelling & content across your organization.
Senior Manager, Video Strategy & Content
Digital Content Manager
2:35 pm–3:20 pm
In this session, Bilal will help decipher what AI is, identify the industry’s top practical applications of advanced analytics and machine learning, then explain some of the current work at Deloitte and conduct a deep dive into “Personalization” capabilities for a top digital platform that we all cherish and love.
- Understanding of the history of Artificial Intelligence
- The common applications of AI to drive business applications
- Business deep dive on AI to drive personalized digital experiences
Intelligent Marketing, Digital & AI Practice Leader
3:20 pm–3:30 pm
3:30 pm–3:40 pm
3:40 pm–4:25 pm
This talk will discuss the ideation, incubation, and launch of Spotlyte, an innovative digital hub of curated, expert content helping consumers discover how beauty and medical aesthetic treatments may fit into their routine. Through well-researched content, product reviews, insider profiles, and the latest in beauty, Spotlyte functions as a holistic and informative lens into these worlds. Beyond the content, a team of trained specialists is on hand to provide support and chat directly with those considering medical aesthetic treatments.
- Understand that the best way to reach potential patients is to treat them as consumers
- Recognize the importance of understanding the consumer journey and applying digital technologies to dissolve frictions along the way
- Learn about how to apply agile development principles within a larger corporation in the healthcare industry
Day 3: General Conference
Thursday, Aug 8, 2019
8:30 am–9:10 am
Hot Breakfast, Coffee & Tea Provided
9:10 am–9:20 am
9:20 am–10:20 am
Director, Digital Center of Excellence
Director, Worldwide Multi-Channel Capabilities, Campaign Management
Head, US Multichannel Engagement
Head, Corporate Marketing & Communications
10:20 am–10:30 am
10:30 am–11:15 am
In this session, Ashley will share with attendees:
- How to navigate thoughtful integration of social media into your commercial business communication strategy
- How social storytelling can still be a powerful tool for pharma and life sciences brands to elevate industry sentiment while still respecting our regulatory environments
- Easy tips to employ creative process, capture visuals, and craft social-ready copy, taking into account platform nuances and key trends
Associate Director of Global Communications
11:25 am–12:10 pm
When is the best time to reach an HCP? What device? What communication channel? How can we bring a Healthcare Professional along a communication journey that is informative, focused and mindful of their time? Is it possible to align marketing and sales communication into an omnichannel customer-centric experience or is it dream?
This session seeks to look outside our industry to see who is shaping and setting customer expectations for customer centricity and then highlight some of the components that can connect the organization, Patients, and HCPs with the right information, services, and solutions that deliver enhanced patient value to surpass experience expectations.
Senior Director of Marketing
12:10 pm–1:10 pm
1:10 pm–1:55 pm
2:05 pm–2:50 pm